1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

its raining

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SangerLawn, Oct 16, 2007.

1. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Just had to say it rained all night long:clapping: . To some this sounds like no big deal but for me….. I almost forgot what rain looks like lol. Now that it is fall I might get a chance to mow some green grass. Hey there is a thought, green grass; maybe I should get a patent on that lol.

Just have to ask, has anyone else seen much rain this year. Please be kind with your response, I am a jealous man lol.
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It rained here real good back in February.
    Then one time in May, and again in August.
    That's it, we've been going 2-3 months at a time ...
  3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I live and do business in SE Minnesota - we received 8 inches of rain in 24 hours in mid-August, and ever since then have been in a rainy weather pattern - we just do not dry out. Have had to mow through a lot of waterlogged grass this year. I wish there were a way to get some of this moisture down to the parched SE part of the US.....
  4. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

Rained like a big dog here last night and kept it up until noon. Supposed to do it again tomorrow too. Since we're 2 feet short on annual rainfall I won't complain. The cooler weather is slowing our hot weather grass down anyway and I won't get too far behind.
  5. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

We got misted on frm all that last night, I think you guys west of the Mississippi and north got it all and it ran out on us :(