ITS SNOWING

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greenkeepers, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Hey All-

Just wanted to let you all know that it's snowing here in Ohio. It was raining all day yesterday so I didn't cut but I was cutting all of last week... This weather is crazy

2. Jim White

Jim White LawnSite Member

No snow here yet, but the National Weather Service is calling for 2-5" tonight in the hill towns of Western Mass. I'm hoping to be on the rain line myself.

3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

We received a little dusting here last night but not much. It's just frickin' cold though, only about 38 or 40.

4. JimK

JimK TURF MAGAZINE Publisher

Jim at Turf Magazine here. Snow ... yep, snow. It's crankin' up to snow for the next three days here in Northern Vermont.

I have about 20 sq ft of brown lawn showing right now. The rest is covered by 2-3 feet still. Jeeezzzzz. Long winter.

5. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i hate this weather, its making me sick.

6. swn

swn LawnSite Member

snow this morning around 10:00. I live in western KY. Last week we had a couple of days near 90! Will have to break out the heavy jackets, I thought we were done with that weather.

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yep, started snowing in the middle of the day when we were cutting. Nothing was really sticking, but the wind was blowing hard and it sure was cold.

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

It was chilly and windy(30mph) here today. Had to put my coat on. I guess its going to freeze tonight. The wind makes you sick with the pollen it blows around. I would really hate snow like you guys got this time of year.

9. Skippy

Skippy LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Nice in the 50's today. They said 4-8" for tonight, but now it's under an inch. Advice, stay tuned to your window.

10. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I got three mowed today, between snow squalls. But, I got snowed out twice, and after waiting awhile this evening, the grass was just wet. High temp was about 36-37 today - a far cry from mid-80s last week! One of the most frustrating days in a long time - driving to a site, only to be caught, driving to another, and getting caught again. ... hoping for better day tomorrow.

P.S. Is there a law that says: The furtherest away a mowing site is located, the more likely you will get rained (snowed?) out?