Its so cold in Florida that its.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JB1, Jan 10, 2010.

1. What, how bad is it. Mickey has the long johns on ?

2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

lol ! its so cold in florida that i have blankets wrapped around my palm trees to keep them warm, as well as halogen lamps shining on them .... this is just unreal! grass is brown and another cold blast tonight. feels like i'm back in ohio..wtf?

3. SchnabelLawnCare

SchnabelLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Lmao, yeah JB, it's probably in the low 40's down there or something...

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

It's the beginning of the end. Soon Fl will be a glacier and the north pole will be a big ocean.

5. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

It's so cold that iguanas are falling from trees and shrubs.

6. now that would be something to see.

7. toolmaker1967

toolmaker1967 LawnSite Member

hey..maybee we could get Al Gore down there to warm things up with his body mass and a good wind bag speech!!:hammerhead:

8. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

Its so cold that you guy's might be paying 6+ per gallon of oj for up to 3 years. Or even longer if these freezes have the same effect as the 89 freeze that resulted in billion in losses to both fruit and ornamental growers alike. And resulted in large numbers of growers selling out. Which then allows brazil to take another American market off shore. Let alone the fact that a large part of the plants you guy's use are started and sometimes finished right here. So the impact could travel that route as well. It's also cold enough to completly ruin resi and comercial landscapes still under warranty which could ruin many businesses in this economy. It's also cold enough to all but stop sod production and instalation. It's also cold enough to potentialy kill of an indangered species called the manatee. Your strawberry short cake, pine apples, and any other tropical fruit, yea it's cold enough to kill all that to.Then you got the millions in maint that just aint getting made due to it being cold enough

9. Springmeadows

Springmeadows LawnSite Senior Member

CkLandscape makes it sound like the end of the world. It's cold everywhere. We have been below 20 for 3 weeks in a row. What can any of us do about it? ....nothing...

10. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

I was watching one of the cable news channels the other day and they were in fact showing them. Unlike cats, they do not land on their feet...