1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Its so freaking hot

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irritation, Jul 28, 2011.

1. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Actually today is not so bad, high 90's with low humidity. He should be thankful the race wasn't last weekend.
    This coming from a guy that grew up in Colombia and lives in south Florida. :hammerhead:

2. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Indianapolis Motor Speedway desde el aire. 100 grados Fahrenheit hoy (38g C) ...
  3. Buck_wheat

Buck_wheat LawnSite Senior Member

S. FL felt like 110 today... love it. All the gypsies are dropping out because they can't take the heat WAHOOO.

I want to extend a personal thank you to Lake Worth Water Management District for cutting the canal banks and taking out 5, count em 5 main lines... all along the canal... 5subdivisions, one refered me to the other, estimates out and approved... got a full day Friday and Saturday. Postp.ned Fridays wet checks.

I love it when stuff breaks,
  4. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Try 108*F at 1:30pm then working across a freshly seal coated asphalt parking lot.
    Temps were averaging @ 116-118*F next to the curbing until we stopped at 3:00pm.
    Volatilized a one quart can of solvent weld that a helper left the top slightly loose in under thirty minutes.

Found out real quick the next morning I needed to be drinking more water than I was. My padded toilet seat didn't help as it felt like I crapped razor blades instead of dropping the kiddos off in the pool like usual.
  5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Dont pizz all day, come night time when ya finaly have to , its gold colered and friiggen stinks. Wang tang.
  6. Buck_wheat

Buck_wheat LawnSite Senior Member

Wang tang? Too funny.

Drink all day & pistol dawn.

Drank 1.5 glns of water yesterday and only had a little squirt this morning. Even B.E.M.H.O. was gone. Will my kidneys fail?
  7. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

It was warm today, while I was sitting on cape point Spanish mackerel fishing. I will report what I find Saturday cheers.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. WorldsStrongestLandscaper

WorldsStrongestLandscaper LawnSite Member

Last sat at Atlantic City's strongest man contest on the jersey shore ,it was 116 on the heat index on the boardwalk for 2 events. Then the last 3 events were in the sand and ocean. Thought alot more guys were gonna pass out or quit. Only 3. One town over was 123 on heat index. Oh yeah I took first place overall in the heavies class!!!landscapers know how to handle heat baby!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

you only think you are the world's strongest landscaper....

10. WorldsStrongestLandscaper

WorldsStrongestLandscaper LawnSite Member

Actually I was challenged this past weekend by another landscaper chris and yes brothers I came out on top. What I'd like to do now is put up an open challenge to the thousands of landscapers across the globe. I am a humble man but know where I stand. Anyone willing to challenge can go to north american strongman sign up as a member 40$ and enter any of the 5-8 contests I do per year and I will accept an open challenge. Post it here or there I usually travel the east coast but I might head to tunica Mississippi in Nov for nationals ( depending on fall cleanup) sept Arizona or a platinum plus in CA in October? It's an iside joke between I and the wsm second runner up 09 , but it stuck as my title and follows me to each contest receiving many followers. It's actually quite spectacular! Good luck." Don't just lift weights train for something";Barry Perkins
    Posted via Mobile Device