1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

It's started

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yrdandgardenhandyman, Feb 18, 2005.

1. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

There are still car sized patches of snow, I sent out renewal letters yesterday. Today I am over run with calls. Must be doing a good job because they are all renewals. Most want cleanup as soon as possible. My 3rd year F/T. Well, I do have a job on graveyard shift that helps pay the bills a bit but I'm hoping to end that relationship next winter.
    I guess I am just proud of myself for what my wife and I have built with our own 2 hands and sweat. Never thought I'd actually be a small businessman. Wasted all those years in that factory.
    Hope you all are sharing in this success.

God bless America

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats to you and your wife on continuing success in the business. I have done the same thing and this is my tenth year. My wife has been involved in some form from the start. The last 3 she has been in the field with me and also anchored all the billing and office work.
    You have what it takes to succeed and I can tell you it gets better and better if you want it to. Good Luck in the next year.