It's the dawg days so lets talk some baseball

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Aug 17, 2011.

1. I think the Rangers are going to make the playoffs again. I'm happy. Yanks, Bosox, and maybe Detroit. Love to see a Sox-Rangers playoff series. Michael Young is having another knockout year. You'd never know in the national press. Ought to be in MVP consideration.

I'm also a fan of moving to a single division. Get rid of all these separate divisions. So what if the Sox-Yanks lose a few games against each other.
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

They will never lose the divisions. Wild Card competition is a huge moneymaker.
  3. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Well I have to go for the Sox and Dodgers, highschool friends of mine are pitchers for both. Outlook is not so good, but we will see.

Claw and Antler baby!
  4. That wouldn't go away. They take the top four teams.
  5. Wet_Boots

Divisions also increase revenue by making for more post-season hopefuls.
  6. Also allows a crappy division to get an undeserving team in over a better wild card team. I can see a year in which 6-7 teams are battling it out for the last spot.
  7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Sox and Yankees will keep beating each other up, and both will go to the playoffs. yes, Michal Young is tearing it up, and he almost got traded to Colorado this spring. I would have liked that, but it wouldn't have propelled the Rockies to the playoffs this year.

I picture a Sox and Phillies Series, and the Sox win in 6.
    Gonzales and Ellsbury are at the top for MVP talk, and rightfully so. Young will get consideration, and I was just listening to talk radio on XM about that as well.

Verlander is tearing it up in Detroit, and in a short divisional series, I could see that being trouble for either BOS/NYY opponent.
  8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I kind of like the one division as well. I think some rivalries would diminish, but it would give a better playing field for all teams. BAL and TOR would not play the BOS and NYY powerhouses as much, giving them a better chance. Get back to a balanced schedule.I could see more competitiveness.
    I really would also like it if they got rid of the DH. Announce that in 3-5 years, the DH goes away so that those in that spot now are on there way out, and allow them to finish their careers. Ortiz included. They can't say that next year it will be gone.
  9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I never realy watched b ball till I met my current who is a red sox nut. The I learned about the DH and said " what , 2 sets of rules ? thats wacked!"
  10. Wet_Boots

Yep, DH must go away forevermore.