1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Its too early for ad's like this

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meicher806, Jan 18, 2010.

1. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

Don't sign another contract without reading this first. Companies are charging up to 80.00 per acre to mow, trim, and blow off walkways and drives. My company does all of that with prompt professional service for 25.00. Up to one acre for 25.00 dollars. The rate gets even better with bigger lots. We offer snow removal services, including roof top snow removal for rates that are guaranteed lowest. Please call me before you sign any longterm contract. I can save you money with the same professional service. I am also commercially insured and will provide up to date insurance cards upon request.

I think i am going to have this guy come and mow my shop/house, I figure if i give him all 40 acres it should tie him up for the better part of the week :laugh::laugh:
  2. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, please keep him down there! lol
  3. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

Wait, give it another couple months... You haven't seen nothin yet! If you thought last year was bad.... just wait

Let the lowballing begin.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

a bit early yes, but they'll be comin' out of the woodwork soon, but they never last...
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I hate to agree because they're right, this is one aspect of the business that never changes.
  6. dtc0207

dtc0207 LawnSite Member

I have been looking at this site for 6 months now and I cant recall how many post are on here about lowballing, Which leads me to a question How come when it comes to buying new equipment all I here is Price Price. I know price is important but remember the dealer has to make a profit to.
  7. Premier landscaping south

Premier landscaping south LawnSite Senior Member

LOL good point.
  8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

A guy posting a lawn service ad in the middle of January in the Upper Midwest??
    He won't get A SINGLE RESPONSE to that ad. People here don't think green until at LEAST March.

I don't even waste my time posting a free Craigslist ad as I know it won't be responded to now.
  9. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 LawnSite Senior Member

I bet his "uptodate insurance card is printed on the same press his green card is printed"
  10. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I don't get calls until May. Then people wonder why it takes so long to get back to them.