1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Its Wet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JB1, Oct 19, 2006.

1. We have had so much rain this summer and fall, its been hard to get anything done, we are like 16 inches over so far, for this year, whats wild is some areas of the country are in droughts and other are being flooded. Here is a combine pic, I snapped, farmers are having a tough time getting anything out, good crop, just to wet to get it out.

combine -2.jpg
  2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

thats a sweet picture with the combine and tractor
  3. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Now thats one serious grain platform. Ya could do some serious corn shelling with that thing.
  4. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

that has got to be one of the biggest corn heads I have ever seen and I live one state over from ya in the midwest......... we have been lucky here. The steady rains not too heavy have a yielded a great growing season. Sorry for your pain to the west.
  5. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

lets see some good ones then
  7. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

With that large of a head you could only make one round b4 the hopper was full. I guess they unload on the go. I have never seen a 16 row corn head in action. How fast can you go when shelling and what HP is that combine???
  8. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

How does that head work? What are the spikes in the front used for, seperating the corn? and then the auger in the back takes the corn to be processed?
  9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

HELLO!!! CITY BOY!!!:) Yes. Those dividers go between the rows and then that auger feeds the grain into the throat which leads to the sheller or thresher whatever you wanna call it which leads to the hopper which is emptied by the unloading auger.
  10. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh: yikes. :weightlifter: