Its wonderfully cold outside!!!!!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Dec 17, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Last night was windy as heck..

Makes me feel just like home. 30' outside right now aka working weather...

Enjoy your day irritators!!!!!

ED

2. Show that PVC whose boss DUDE.

3. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Thank you, I will.
    We happen to be on a frost delay right now but expect 60's today and seventies for most of the week.
    Still cold for us - what happened to those 110+* days :(

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Will Rotar ever have to break out those Timberlands, with all that fine weather down there? I'll just kick back with my winter footwear
    [​IMG]

5. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

But also be aware of the limitations of your PVC, i.e. increased cure time, and not leaving lines pressurized in open trenches. And glue that separates in the can if left out...

Do they use RPZs there? Do they put blanket covers on them if they're outdoors?

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

711 & primer....48 hour cure.

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

Mike, Me and Brandon were talking to day on the fact how pathetic it is you cant post a picture. You should let Bran get a hold of your mac book sometime and show you via intrawebs how to hook yourself up..

It was about 40-50 tops in the sun....I had my T shirt on, I tell you all that it felt great.. I think i have to learn how to glue with gloves cause my hands are covered in clay/ dried glue. The day went good, I popped in a valve, watched Big Jose run the trencher in the mud.

I had fun today, I just hop everything that got glued today sticks well.....I did 5 wipes of primer on each joint, a fair amount of glue swab to each joint (mXf). And am now enjoying a bud light in my boxers..

Wet boots, I think those slippers look better on you brotha.

oh i forgot to tell you all i used a dewalt to cut the pipe today....And it was as we say, Wicked pissah.

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

we didn't pressurize it today, so he'll find out tomorrow if he's good or not... w/ a 2 horse pump you find out quickly... boom!

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

take some photos

10. CAPT Stream Rotar

I'm Kinda scared. but I Hope everything sticks. Really Really bad.

If anything messes up real bad I'll change my avatar to Hacking the world 1 irrigation system @ a time,for a week.