I've all but given up on dealers and their equip.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Apr 16, 2007.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Here's my story...We ordered a Exmark Lazer HP for the 07 season. It was supposed to come in towards the end of March, ok great. Well that came and went, I called 3 times to see when it would be here and always got the same answer,"we're still wating for &^@# to commit before we release the shipment. Well the 4th call was to cancel my order. So I go to another dealership who sells Gravely, Scagg, Snapper and Wright. I really liked the 152M he had there so I take it, its a great mower but its useless to me without a bagger. Obviously I order a bagger unit for it, great it will be here by the end of the week, then it was "they made a mistake on the shipping date, it will be here the 12th or 13th", ok, now I am getting the same feelings I did when I checked on the Exmark. Now just called today and got, "I will have to call them" he did and found out they didnt even start making it until today! and it might be here by the weekend,WTF!!!!!! I give up. And local dealers wonder why they are loosing sales left and right. I spent 12k in 2 days with this guy and he said its not that hard to put the thing together and I should have no problems....:confused: I'm thinking after spending 12k they would at least put the damn thing on for me. I havent signed any papers yet!

2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, I got the same runaround when I bought my exmark last year. Was supposed to be a week, then there was a delay, then when the mower showed up at the dealer a couple rods for the ECS were missing, blah, blah blah.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt, because I do think some things are out of the dealers' hands, if they don't have a particular mower in stock, but it still irritates me...

3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Dude, you got a dump bed for your truck? Got any pics on here of it?

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Not anyup close ones but I will bring up an old post (last week) "picked up the new mow addition today" look for that title and go through the pics.