Iv'e became a victim! Trailer stolen!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Rose, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Lost a trailer last night sometime, theives cut padlock on the tounge and tossed it in the lawn. Trailer was unloaded, and not my lawn mowing trailer, but I used it for fert. and spraying, as well as hauling equipment to and from shop, etc. Have had it parked by my garage in the same place for about 3.5 years now and have always known that it would eventually dissapear... And then it happens and I'm MAD!!! I just was using it yesterday too, overseding and aerating a few lawns!

Trailer is a Neal brand 6x10 with split ranp gate, wood floor. Has an EZ-Gate lift on the passenger side, and a red trimmer trap "cube" rack on the front left corner. Was new in '02 or '03I believe. Have to fetch the title from safe deposit box tomorrow.

I flied a police report this morning, will have to contact ins. in the morning and find out how much I'm going to be out to replace it. Really SUCKS because I really really liked this little trailer. It was very well built for a small trailer! Can't replace it with a POS from a discount place for sure. Looked at the Neal trailer website and it appears that they don't even make trailers with rampgates anymore!
    :angry: :angry: :angry:
  2. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

I really hate that for and I feel your pain. I had 2 trimmers stolen from me 3 weeks ago!
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing lower than someone who steals a man's tools he needs to earn a living...sorry to hear this Jason.
  4. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

sucks man sorry to hear that, hope everythings works out and you find something quick.
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks guys. Just stinks because I know I'm going to be out my deductable on my insurance, which I'm not even sure of that amount at the moment. Also not really sure how it will pay off since I had the EZ-Gate deal on there which was about $150, plus the rack that was another $60. Hard to "proove" that those items were on it. I have a couple pictures, hoping that those will solidify my case. Not to mention the PITA it is to have to drive all over creation to find what I want.

I drove around town today, in the "crack" parts looking around just to see if I could spot it. No luck...

I'm lucky that this isn't my main trailer! I only use it once in a while really, but when I need it, I need it.

I'm going to watch craigslist and the newspaper... Who knows, the dumbass may try to sell it to make money.
  6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Just keep driving around. Chances are you'll find it in one of the areas you are working in.
  7. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Low life scum is what they are. They are to lazy to work for a living so steal from someone who does. Sorry to hear about your trailer.
  8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

You just can't trust those thiefs in Kansas........
  9. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

That sucks...the worst I've had stolen is a brand new EBZ8000 backpack blower...it wasn't expensive really its just the thought that with that money you could have spent it on something else instead I have to pay to replace it now...

A good idea for you, which I just picked up this weekend is a pin lock. The pin I use is locking, for my trailer, so when it's on my truck it's locked and when its off I lock it as well in a way so that they can't attack it to there vehicle, atleast without falling off after the first bump...I got it from Walmart its like $15 and you would probably need a sawzaw to cut it off.
  10. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

That sucks. One of my buddies (Jarius Barringer of Sunrise Landscaping) had his trailer and Husqvarna ZTR stolen out of his yard on Friday here in Charlotte. I guess we'll have to start double pad-locking everything. It seems that no neighborhood is safe any longer.
    Good luck in finding your equipment!