1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I've Been Double Fertilized!!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnstriper23, Jun 30, 2008.

1. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

To make the story short, I fertilized (heavy) my property about 1.5 weeks ago with Lesco 32-3-8. I come home this past Friday to find out that a lawncare company came by and sprayed weed killer/ fertilizer on my property without my authorization. I just found out from the lawncare company that they had the wrong house. Should I be concerned with damage to my turf? We have had a boat load of rain the past few days so I think we should be alright. Any thoughts?
  2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Sharpen your mower blade
  3. Frank Fescue

Frank Fescue LawnSite Senior Member

call whatever fert company it was that did the app and make sure they are aware of the situation. you'll probably be fine. but if theres any damage at least let them know you're concerned.
  4. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

call em and tell em to come out and spray for brown patch, because i smell it coming.
  5. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

If they let you know that you double fertilized then just keep them apprised if something goes wrong like burning of turf and even with a boatload of rain you might want to consider keeping the water coming. Call the company up and ask specifically what they applied. Granular or liquid/slow release or urea so that you know what to do and yes get the blades sharpened.
  6. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

no kidding
  7. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

How heavy did YOU apply? Doesn't that Lesco blend have like 30% SCU? I doubt you'll have trouble. I've applied to lawns at 2# of N/M without damage...

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

only damage you may have is in your time doing the mowing twice a week