I've been had.........

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cwmiller928, Mar 13, 2006.

1. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

So a lady calls about some leaf removal. I tell her i'll cut her a deal if she allows me to mow her yard this summer. Well I tell her i'll do if for $50. So i do the leaf removal with me and one other guy for 9 hrs. Then she calls me today and tells me she has a kid thats going to mow her yard for $40 and i told her i'de do it for $60. So i did $350 of leaf removal for $50 and didnt even get the yard.. what can i do to prevent this from happening again?

2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

NEVER cut the price down that low. Cut it some sure but not $50 for 9 hours??? Sorry bro. You did this to yourself.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

consider that a lesson of hard knocks. I -never- again will discount a service to get another one. I learned that lesson too.

Did you tell her the $350 price first? if so you might be able to pin it on her saying that she didn't hold up her end of the bargain.

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
    u charge for everything

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

You don't think she is going to pay you the 300 bucks,9 hours for 50 bucks man listen to your gut feeling the 2nd hour into the work i would know.

6. WalkerMike98

WalkerMike98 LawnSite Member

Big mistake but most of us including me have made them. Learn from it and move on.

7. OutdoorExtras

OutdoorExtras LawnSite Member

You discounted the wrong service (and to the extreme as well). How about next time saying if you have the spring clean up done I'll take 5% off the weekly cut price (or something along those lines).

You could always get even.. Not suggesting, just reminding.:cool2:

8. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

hmm........ im pretty upset about loosing that yard. what shall i do?

9. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

First, not much you can do, But why worry, If she did this to you than do you really want here as a customer.

10. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

yeah, she sounds like a real headache as well as ultra cheap...she's doing you a favor.