I've declared war on weeds - ideas?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Threxx, May 13, 2005.

1. Threxx

Threxx LawnSite Member

I've got a good supply of IMAGE weed killer which seems to work very well so far. But I'm not convinced it's killing all of my weeds, and I'm also not convinced that at almost 20 bucks for a small quantity, that it's very cost effective for anything but spot treatment.

Can I expect IMAGE to take care of all my post-emergent spot treatment needs or should I be hitting my yard up with additional products? I've only got 1/3 of an acre, and probably half of that is taken up by the house and driveway, so spot treatment isn't that big of a deal as long as it's effective and as long as my work this season makes next season easier, and so on until eventually I can get an almost weed-free yard with little to no work.:D
  2. 0money

0money LawnSite Member
    from Around

Hire a pest control service ,Then all you got to do is complain to them. :gunsfirin
  3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

First of all what type of weeds are you talking about? Are they all the same species? Different herbicides may act differently on different varieties. You may be applying chem. to something that it is not even labeled for so you may indeed need a different one. Are they broadleaf types or grasses or sedges? Can you check your cooperative extension site for your area and see if there are any pictures or can you post some?