1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I've found the best.....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by splatz100, Oct 4, 2005.

1. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

Well I finally found the cheapest, most effective way to advertise.

I just paid $314.53 for this:
    -Design of Flyer
    -10,000 printed(2 color)
    -Inserted into the most bought/read newspaper in South LA.

It will be inserted this Friday, and I am hoping I will get a good response from this. I have been looking and have found something cheap, and only one guy in town had done this before. He claims he had an excellent response
  2. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

Lets us know how it does. My guess is about 20 calls?
  3. splatz100

Well just hoping to pick up some people that are dissatisified right now. I only have about three or four weeks left of cutting, but I hope to pick them up on leaves and rye. I doubt I will get the 1% call back---totaling 100 calls.
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

so you know its the best.... even before hearing the results?! interesting. do you know the outcome of the play off games coming up too?
  5. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I have done the exact same thing in the spring and fall for cleanups and it works quite well as an advertising method.
  6. splatz100

I just know that I will get at least a few calls, and it will pay of this really fast.I'm not a big fan of baseball, but I can tell the Colts are going to win the SuperBowl.....
  7. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Its repetition that gets you noticed. Get your name out in as many different forms of advertising you can. Direct postal, news inserts, radio...Individually they have a low response rate but the more you get your name out there, the more your name will become household. The target will say " I heard that name somewhere before." Without even doing any work they may know about, you will already be prequalified in their minds.
  8. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

Here in mid Mich. Bay City, Area anyway the local news paper has a LAST WORD area on the last page that i use, i try to keep the cost for the add to under $40.00 and unusually get about a dozen responses or so, however timing is everything up here with the changing of seasons.
  9. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

that is what i have done also, seems to work well and beats going door to door, and you can target specific areas to advertise in...

worked great in the spring, mine went in lasst weeks paper for fall, hope the timing was right, leaves are turning colors and startig to fall now....paper went out saturday, no calls yet
  10. DaveRave07

DaveRave07 LawnSite Member
    from NY

To get the flyers inserted into the paper you simply contact them telling them you want to do just that? How much was the fee for having your fliers in the paper. For $314 thats a hell of a deal especially if the flyers were designed and double side color for $314 thats .31 cents for each flyer before the cost of putting it in the paper. Let us know how it works out.