I've had it with local dealer's!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Mar 8, 2007.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I dont know if its just me but it seems no one wants to sell any type of equipment around here or they seem to think your an endless pit of money. We are in the market for equipment thats valued over 15k combined. Either no one gets back to you or they give you an answer like "the price is around" or "your gonna be in the ball park of..." NO GIVE ME A SET PRICE! I called about a dump bed insert, the same place, and got 2 different prices form two different guys:hammerhead: So whos screwing me the most? I know 15k isnt a ton of money but its nothing to sneeze at either, its not like I'm buying a .89c spark plug. I called a place on line and got ten times the service via phone. It just very frustrating trying to find some one to take my hard earned money.

2. Lawnsmithcare

Lawnsmithcare LawnSite Senior Member

Well I work at my dealer and we give prices that are dead on not any half i think prices. We call people back everyday from messages and on the dump insert I called a different dealer to find a price for myself for a dump insert for my f150 and I got a straight up price no let me call you back or um i think it is this. I guess it is the area.

3. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

What I like is when they talk you into the latest new brand of tool they carry, you buy, and they proceed to no longer carry that brand or the parts!:usflag: