I've heard all about Stihl 4 Mix what about Shinaiwa's C4?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Jun 12, 2005.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

This C4 looks good any opinions?

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's awesome, GO BUY ONE! Never had any problems. Smooth, light, quiet and powerful.

3. HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member

I own a M2510. I have the multipurpose tool. I think it is quiet and has a great power band. It has great fuel consumption and emissions compared to a 2 strokes. It is a reliable tool. I have had no problems out of it. As far as the Stihl, I believe Stihl has more power, but I still like the Shindiawa. The Stihl is also more expensive. This is the second year for mine and I will buy Shindiawa and RedMax only, maybe a Stihl.

4. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

anymore opinions?

5. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I own the new Stihl and am very impressed. I used to own the Shindaiwa 2 cycle and loved it, can't say about the new technology. Once again, it all comes down to if the dealer will support you and the piece of equipment.

6. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I would definetly take a 4 stroke trimmer if I was certain about 2 things:

1.) When I tilted it sideways to edge the sidewalk it wouldn't stall and...

2.) I wouldn't have to worry about valve clearance issues and other 4 stroke problems

7. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Well I can answer that sthis way, you can tilt the Stihl 4 mix sideways and it will not stall. As far as valve adjustments, well thats your dealers gig, mine told me if I needed one, he would give me a loaner, even thought the adjustment takes like 5 minutes. Still nice to have the dealer support. I again would like to stess DEALER SUPPORT! for solo guys, you gotta have it....

8. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

My 4-stroke is the same way. Runs in all positions. Dealer is the same way as well.

9. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I'll have to look into the trimmers but the stihl blower sucks in my opinion. I have the br550 and its junk. Took it in to get the valves adjusted after using not even half of a tank of fuel in it, then to top it off I get it back and it goes back out of adjustment by the end of the first day I got it back.

The trimmers any different?

10. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

All goes back to dealer support. I have heard less than stellar reports on the back packs though. I would not at this time purchase a Stihl backpack. If I had to go purchase a new backpack at this moment, I would buy a Redmax. That is Stihls falt for not providing a comprable blower.