I've lost that loving feeling...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

and I don't know what to do to get it back.

I've sat here for over 5 minutes and can't even explain why I feel the way I do... I'm my own boss and the money is good but I'm losing interest and sometimes dread going out. I think I'm bored..

Any ideas?

2. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

TSG,
    Try to explain the cause for lack of motivation. Would hate to lose a fellow professional here. I think we all need more information in attempt to show some support.

3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Burnout does happen and it's real. During the Blizzard and 17 storms of 96' in New Jersey, I thought I'd never want to see more snow........ Now, I just hope for 3 feet of it........
    Pete

4. robert payer

Switchless,

Could not agree with you more. Blizzards and burn out go hand in hand. Snow plowing is just a necessary evil.

5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought I was the only one:) I just try to stay positive. There are a lot of people with far worse problems. Are there any hobbies you can get into to get your mind off things? I think everyone gets into a rut like this from time to time. Good luck, Mike

6. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame LawnSite Member

The lawn business can at times be one of great monotany (spelling?) Most of us get up go out and service the same jobs day in day out week in... I'm in the process of restructuring my business trying to add services so I'm not doing the same stuff every day. Somtimes a new tool can bring some much needed excitement. This is a tough profession but, hey we're all here in the grind and hustle. Keep your head up sometimes stuff gets worse before it gets better we're all here for you.

-Dave

7. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

Tom
    I lost it also about a year and a half ago. Sold my work after twenty years.
    Got a CDL and started driving a semi in Florida. My wife warned me but I didn't listen. Besides making about a third of what I used to make, It's my freedom I miss the most.I'm now in the proses of building a new business here in central Fla.
    Hope things work out for you.

8. robert payer

Options:
    1) Become involved in some sort of activities out side of work.
    2) Take some classes.
    3) Set some sort goals to be achieved.
    A) Investment
    B) Certification of some sort.
    C) Improved relationships.
    D) Plan a future Vacation to be anticipated.
    E) Maybe material wants.
    1) Dream house
    2) Remodel existing house
    3) Car upgrade
    4) Nicer work truck

Hope these ideas are of help. Will continue to watch this thread. Sounds like just the blahs. They pass.
    Will be thinking about you.

Time is tonic.

9. leprechaun_50

leprechaun_50 LawnSite Member

Tom
    Burnout can be a normal occupational hazzard in any line of work. Don't let it get you down. The other responses to your post have offered some excellent suggestions for you to consider.
    Best of luck with wharever you decide.