1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

i've practiced on my own yard, here are some pics.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by inzane, Apr 22, 2012.

1. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Holy neon green. Southern grasses really look like that or is the color touched up?
  2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good now, come and do my yard. I'm in Gainesville.
  3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Someone over saturated that photo...no southern grass don't look like that!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

lol, i think i bumped up the hue for the flyer.. it did look pretty good without that. i'm gonna try to find the original. but this is on my flyer.. it was still a good turn around.. ( i thought so anyway) the lawn is usually a nice dark green.

5. inzane

here is one closer up.. no trickery.. yeah, not to green now.. lol. few yellowing spots where i sprayed drive 75. the backyard is really bad.. i'm gonna post some pictures of that tommorow, they are pretty bad. gonna be aerating and overseeding half of it this fall, just to have something back there.. its a strange back yard to say the least.. bought this house as a forclosure last year. the yard wasn't so great.

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I'd use that picture in your flyer...the other looked bad.

Sent you a pm...
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. inzane

it looked even worse on the post card. :hammerhead:

8. inzane

bought this as a forclosure for a sweet deal, haven't gotten to the backyard yet.. :)

i'm getting ready to aerate and overseed fescue back here when the weather is right, i applied round-up today.. there is some bermuda back here, gonna try to dig some of it out on one side, other side up on hill i'm gonna try to keep the bermuda spreading. i know i really need bermuda sod back here, however its not in my budget.. i gotta get something going back here.

first picture is the right side, gonna do some sorta beds along fence line all around, on this side.

second picture, there is a nice patch of bermuda at the bottom of stairs, wondering if i would have any luck transplanting it up to the top of hill where i got some good bermuda?

i am gonna be seeding fescue up to about where the bermuda stops.. just to have some grass back there, would be great to have some fescue to practice on as i only have treated bermuda latley.

it is like they sodded the front, then that one part of the back yard, then gave up.. also.. somebody did the same with painting the fence.. gonna be doing a little fence repairing this weekend as you can see.. :)

9. NEwhere1

NEwhere1 LawnSite Member

You planning on making beds up against the back of your fence? That picture appears to be taken in middle of day, yet i see a lot of shade.

Nice sized private backyard, got to love that! Plenty of room for whatever you want to do in the future.
  10. inzane

yeah, there is a good bit of shade in the middle of the day, but it gets some sun in the afternoon. gonna have to find some good plantings that will work.. i do not want grass all the way to the fence line (atleast not on that side), the less mowing i have to do around that fence the better..

i had killed off all of what was there (mostly fescue and dallis grass) on that side at the start of summer because i was gonna seed some bermuda, but i do not think i will get good germination with that amount of shade, and couldn't really afford sod at the time. thinking i will have better luck with some fescue. it should be fun anyway.

in front of the deck i'm gonna do a pine island of some sort and gonna plant a tree there, i don't think i'm gonna have much luck with any grass in that area.

i got so much work to do back there. :weightlifter: