I've seen it all now.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Apr 13, 2004.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i was at rite aid today when i saw these 2 jokers out cutting grass in the pouring rain. well, i decided to stand and watch for a few minutes. the guy cutting grass was using a homeowner push mower and it kept dying on him. the guy weedeating was using a homelite weedeater and he kept missing big spots. they then tried to blow the grass off the lot after they only finished half of the grass. after they left, i walked over to see their job and it was horrible. i was gonna talk to rite aid about cutting for them but i'm pretty sure they just want the cheapest based on what i saw..

i wish i had my digital camera with me. i would have taken some pics to show you all.... i definitely got a big laugh today.

lawnwizards

2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Actually I think the company that hires the people to cut that are in CA. they contacted me to do a Staples here in Ohio if you are interested I can give you there information for next year.

3. lawnwizards

thanks lux lawn, but i'll pass. i'm pretty sure they wouldn't want my price when they can get two bozo's to do it for beer money.

4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Thats true but when the manager sees how bad it looks you never know they may get rid of them.

5. lawnwizards

i guess i could talk to the manager. i know him pretty well. i'll ask him some questions and then decide if its worth it... thanks.

lawn wizards.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If your Rite Aids look anything like ours do, it's plain to see, that the management doesn't even CARE about what it looks like. It's funny, because we have what has become an "industry term" here, and it applies to other businesses of this type, as well. It is called the "Rite-Aid mentality". What this is, basically, is build, spend around 20-30 thousand on landscape and lawn installation, and then just let it go to waste. Weeds, neglected beds, grass that dies, trees and shrubs neglected, etc..

7. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Dont know unless you try now do ya

8. lawnwizards

NCSULandscaper,