Ivy Madness

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Team-Green L&L, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Got an abatement prop with ground cover all up the sides. It needs removed, but I can't think of any easy way to remove it. It must be completed in a matter of hours.

2. Team-Green L&L

This is just part of the mess! Yes, that is a greenhouse in there.

Photo 246.jpg

Photo 247.jpg

Photo 243.jpg

Photo 244.jpg

Photo 245.jpg

3. Team-Green L&L

This is ridiculous. No one can help with ivy rmoval on a building?

4. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

Pull it off. Sorry, I don't think there is anyway around it. Plus there is going to be all the stuff from the plant that stays sucked to the building. If you need to do it in hrs then I think you just need enough man power.

5. Team-Green L&L

My thoughts exactly! I was just hoping for a better solution.

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I think that is the easiest solution as well. Did this customer call you for an estimate or have you done work for this customer in the past?

7. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Solution is in my name Team Green:) .
    I can bring man power to help if needed. A power washer will get rid of the suckers. One thing English Ivy will do is get behind the siding which is pain to get off in that case. Roundup Pro will get rid of any not on the house I have plenty in stock too if needed.

8. Team-Green L&L

We're hitting it in the morning. Do you want me to call you if we need the manpower? We will pay day labor to you and possibly (1) more man.

9. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish I could do it tomorrow but I have to meet with a client at 8:30am in Hamilton Twp. then I have to be in Lebanon at around 10:00am. If you change your mind on the day let me know I would be happy to help.
    :waving:

10. Team-Green L&L

Too much equipment involved to change anything. We can handle it, but we get a ton of props like these and charge a ton for them. We could eat a couple bucks for the extra men. I'll keep you informed as they come.