1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

J.D.120 from homedepot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by leeslawncare, May 13, 2003.

1. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

What do any of you guys know about the deere 120 from the homedepot?I have a friend of mine that just got one an i told him i didn't think they were a "true "deere prouduct?:confused:
  2. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Does any one know how makes these mowers ?or is it a true deere?
  3. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a friend who works at the depot--they are true deere products with kawasaki engines in them--
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

WRONG....check again!
  5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

According to John Deere's web site the 100 series tractors have Briggs & Stratton or Kohler engines. The model 120 tractor has a 20 horse Briggs.
  6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

That's CORRECT! Other than the JD colors and the hood, they are pretty much the same thing as the Scotts mowers they had last year.
  7. Lynns

Lynns LawnSite Member

I check at the Home Depot site. The L-120 has a 20hp Briggs V-twin engine. The L-130 has a Kohler engine. I didn't check all the 100 series models but the guy that works at Home Depot is wrong. I own a LT-155 JD It is Genuine. I don't know at the moment where the 100 series is made I will try to find out and also try to find out where the consumer can expect to get parts and service.
  8. Auroris

Auroris LawnSite Member

I had heard a rumor that the Scotts mowers (read: "orange Deere") didn't go over well enough to justify Home Depot carrying them this year. But that didn't make a lot of sense, they've been an HD exclusive for 3 years now.

The web site (below) talks about the "New 2002 models" of Scotts tractors. Did HD decide everyone simply liked green instead, or was it a consumer confidence thing?
  9. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

I believe that MTD manufactures the 100 series, same as the sabre's and scotts.
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am pretty sure that they are Scotts

Now MTD got bought out by Cub Cadet about 2 years ago. The funny thing is all of the Cub Cadet walk behinds are the exact same thing at the old MTD. All they did was slap a different logo and paint on.