1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

J&D Greens Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by J & D Greens, Mar 3, 2011.

1. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

This is the one I got last year.

Stihl saws sm006.jpg

Stihl saws sm007.jpg

2. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

very nice stihl saws!

3. J & D Greens

Yea they are nice, because I"m basically the only one using and servicing them they should last a very long time. Now I really need to sock as much money away as I can. The next two purchases are big. A new Scag 32 and a 1985-1995 Ford F150 4X4 with a straight six in it. I want to get the truck before next winter as I don't want to chance not being able to get to my snow clearing accounts next season.

4. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

Lol, cute trailer. I could probably pull that with my bicycle.

5. J & D Greens

I would like to see you pull it with you bike with the weight that I had in it coming back from Kansas. Concrete Deer statue, and about 500lb. worth of pave-rs. The trailer is small but very well built. Ha! Ha!

6. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey David,

i got your message but havent been on in a while. nice looking pics!! the trailer looks like its alittle bit full haha. Trust me you will like working a lot more when you get a bigger trailer! Not bashing you or anything just saying. have you started clean ups yet? i just started last week and going to really be going for like the first part of april. just sold that 21 toro i got as part of the package deal for that 36 proline. nice to see it go to someone that will use it instead of it sitting all the time. Good luck this spring!

Ben

7. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

That's a nice small trailer with everything you'll need on the job. I like it, very efficient. I would love to be able to run my route with a small trailer, would take up a lot less room in the shop!

8. J & D Greens

A larger trailer would be great but I will wait and see if I need it. Like I have mentioned before my houses are so close to my shop that if anything goes wrong I can swing by and get the equipment to finish.
    As for clean-ups most of my lawns we got cleaned-up in the fall but, I have done a few power rake jobs for the ones that need it. I have been putting out fliers trying to drum up some more business. My daughter put together some real nice fliers for spring and winter snow clearing. She also made my Business cards. I will try to post them soon.

Hope things are going well with you this year. Talk to you later, David

9. J & D Greens

Thanks, some on here look at it and all they can say is it is to small. But I think the trailer holds just what I need to do the mowing on all my accounts and then when I have to do other types of jobs it takes care me.
    I have had that thing loaded with all those heavy file draws in my shop and it handled the weight with ease. But If I do start running a crew I can defiantly see a trailer big enough to haul two deck-mowers and a couple 21's.
    But I believe in slow growth and paying as I go. I don't want to be worried about getting payed in time to pay the payments to some shop/bank.
    Hope your season is off to a good start, David

10. J & D Greens