1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

J D M653 or M655 operators, how do you like ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tider6972, Aug 2, 2001.

1. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I am drawn to these machines, and before I take the plunge I very much would like to hear from anyone who has had some time and experience with them. Of particular interest would be how it compares to Lazer .
  2. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Evening, posted some comments on the 655 a couple of weeks back. After more thinking I have to give this a thumbs down. The deck settings are unreliable, mowing down a slope it will not stop! The handles on the ones I used were 'shaky'- they felt like the would eventually just fall off. The belts come off quite easily and it is easiest with 2 people replacing them. All the greese fittings are not placed for the averedge Joe to access.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I agree with everything sheppard said about the 665. I owned one for 1.5 years and finally got the dealer to buy the pece of junk back. The cut is the worst I have ever seen on any 60" ZTR. Another serious design flaw is in the blade spindle shaft. If you happen to hit a rock or something, the shaft will deform EVERY time. Avoid all current JD ZTR's is my advice.:angry: