J.D. Martell's Landscaping - Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jdmartell, Aug 22, 2012.

1. BandBLawncare

BandBLawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Great Stuff

2. jdmartell

jdmartell LawnSite Member

thanks alot

3. FootHills Landscape

FootHills Landscape LawnSite Member

great looking work jacob. im 15 down in colorado and been in business since 2008. its good to see more young people getting into it. best of luck to you.

4. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Nice to see some more young ones! Good work sir.

5. jdmartell

heres another, having troubles uploading from my iphone

Picture B.jpg

6. jdmartell

Thanks alot!

7. jdmartell

Yes its a very rewarding industry, good luck to you to!

8. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

is this strictly you doing the work in all of these pics? i would def say good job on the clean ups, looks like you have a good start, multiple properties...i do have a question for you tho, on these bed clean ups, what all goes into it? are you pulling each weed out by hand, are you burning them down to the ground with a weedeater then simply putting a weed mat over them, pulling the big ones and covering the rest up with mulch?...and are you using a chemical pre-emergent for future weed control?

9. jdmartell

It is mostly me doing the mulch, sometimes I have a helper. And for the beds if they want the fabric, which I recommend, I'll dig up the old weeds then lay the fabric over top. I don't use any weed killers as I don't want to harm plants.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Well the problem with the fabrics, in my opinion, is that sure maybe it blocks the weeds below, maybe. But eventually seeds will land in the mulch beds and then plant themselves and you'll have weeds again. Just seems like extra work for nothing. Plus I want the old mulch to breakdown and provide nutrients for the soil rather than sit on fabric. Again I'm not a fan of fabrics for mulches, stone for sure as it separates the soil from the stones.

Otherwise work looks good. Try and keep the mulch pulled back from your nice deep edges so they stay deep. Really sets off a good look! Not sure the laws in your area but unless you have a license you cannot apply pesticides/herbicides.