J.D Side Discharge verses Rear discharge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tonyr, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok,

here is a pic taken of a section of my regular park, done with demo side discharge 997, 60'' deck, this mower struggled, yet as you can see it is easy mowing, mechanics gave the mower the clear today after I told them of double normal fuel consumption, no power, bad vibration....this is ok....apparently.

see guys, I don't bush hog!!

The left is not cut, the lighter colour grass on the right of the drain is....

DSCF0739.jpg

2. Tonyr

this was done this arvo on my rear discharge 997, full poweer, easy as, see the slight difference in cut and not cut?

Doesn't get any easier....

don't laugh at my lines lol!

DSCF0740.jpg

3. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Is that couch Tonty?

4. Tonyr

another of the side discharge model section....

DSCF0741.jpg

5. Tonyr

Yes, laid couch turf, 9 acres in this section......nice carpet grass around the back of the scrub area, nice to cut!

6. Tonyr

last one....done today on my rear discharge 997, no double cutting even, full power, flat out, neat as!

Yeah, yeah, I know the path is dirty! Clean it tomorrow after I edge it!

I was more interested in not forgetting to take the pics before it got dark!

DSCF0742.jpg

7. Tonyr

20 minutes after starting on this nice green park, cutting off only about 1'' of leaf, this is what rear discharge decks do.....not long and it completly covered again and over heated.

Yeah I know, this is hard core mowing, bush hogging etc, and deere mowers should be used on much better jobs, sorry. I will learn LOL.

DSCF0738.jpg

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Tony, only advice I would give ya mate is only take a swig of beer at the end of your run and not in the middle...your lines are suffering from it LOL:)

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Go back to the toro.

John

10. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Tony, as i was looking throught he JD litterture last night, could you just take the damn cowling off, and run open like the gas ztr's do??