1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

J. Davis Landscape Contractor - 2009

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JDavisLandscapes, Mar 31, 2009.

1. JDavisLandscapes

JDavisLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, I figured I would start my own thread and post pictures of my equipment and my jobs etc. I'm pretty new to the site, but I have been browsing the great info for quite some time now.

A little about myself..... I turned 21 3 weeks ago and this is my 2nd year officially in business, but have been mowing lawns etc since I was about 10(literally). Now I take classes at Rutgers for Landscape Design and am planning on eventually getting my Landscape Architecture degree. I also have my Horticulture degree from my Community college with an Associates in Business Management. I am an ICPI certified Paver installer and SRW builder through the NHMA. I am in the process of getting my Irrigation license to start intalling sprinkler systems, although I am doing a few now with a licensed plumber on my payroll.

My companies Services include:

-Brick Pavers - patios,walkways,driveways
    -Retaining Walls
    -Landscape Design
    -Landscape Lighting
    -Ponds and Waterfalls - Just got into this, have done much yet
    -Irrigation Systems
    -Fence installation
    -Weekly Lawn service - only do about 15 accounts, do them by myself on the weekend

Thats about it. I will post some pics of old work I have on my computer in a little while and I will take pictures of my equipment and get them up here tomorrow as well. I haven't gotten my trucks lettered yet, but I am planning on doing it within the next few weeks.

Hope you guys read and enjoy.

good luck to everybody this season!:)
  2. JDavisLandscapes

Here's a retaining wall I did about a year and a half ago.
    Railroad ties really suck. But they couldn't afford SRW.
    Forgot to take before pictures.....there was an old rotted RR tie wall there

landscape design 020.jpg

landscape design 021.jpg

landscape design 022.jpg

landscape design 016.jpg
  3. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

That some nice timber work! dead mans and all!!!! Good job.
  4. JDavisLandscapes

The stupid fence is in the way of everything....I really sucked to work around it the whole time

landscape design 012.jpg

landscape design 014.jpg

landscape design 017.jpg

landscape design 018.jpg

landscape design 013.jpg
  5. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster LawnSite Senior Member

You guys do some very nice work !
  6. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

Glad to see the deadmen, I just tore out a timber wall that had failed and replaced with SRW, the deadmen were a joke, screws from the front attempting to hold them to the back of the wall, and the longest one was about 2 foot. Needless to say when the wall started falling, due to poor grading and downspouts dumping right against it, the screws pulled out of the deadmen, left them in the hill side and the timbers went their own way. Anyway, look forward to seeing more work, we're about the same age and I always like to see what us younger guys are doing out there.
  7. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

very nice.... and great to see another successful young business owner! best of luck in 2009 !
  8. JDavisLandscapes

Thank you. The stupid thing took forever. Plus the people working for me at the time were my friends and they really took advantage of it. Showed up late, didnt show up at all etc.... Plus I had hurt one of my hands so I was swinging the sledge hammer driving in the 2' spikes with one hand in the middle of summer......talk about hating your life....lol

Those dead men are in so deep too, at the end of them they have the cross ties on them which are about 3'-6" long. Plus there is a drain at the bottom of the 3/4 clean blue stone. Needless to say I dont think its going anywhere. They homeowners were originally reluctant to hire me because at the time I was about 18 and they didnt think I could handle the job. Now they call me for every little thing, along with all their friends and neighbors....lol
  9. JDavisLandscapes

Thank you I appreciate it. Yea deadmen are crucial in RR tie walls. I'll post some more stuff up in a little while, I'm in the process of cleaning this mess of a pile up on my desk here....lol

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

looks good.