J.M Landscaping 2014

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Townhouse Yards, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Townhouse Yards

Townhouse Yards LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

So, new for this year, I changed my name to J.M Landscaping because it was more single family home friendly. This year I am planning on expanding out from townhouses. I still have my job at the plant nursery, and I do this part-time, while still in high school. It's a rainy day here, so i thought I would start off with a new picture thread and some pictures.
    Here are a few shots of what I have equipment wise:

IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

2. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Everybody has to start somewhere. Some people forget where they were when they first started. Personally I would stick with commercial trimmers, hedge trimmers, etc. Might be a little expensive at first but it will pay itself off in reliability. Good luck this season.

3. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

You have chosen the best stuff to start the business with...
    Stihl is the best handheld equipment manufacturer IMO. I have a 600 magnum and a couple 4-mix trimmers. That Stihl hedge trimmer is great if you aren't doing too much hedge trimming. I would never use any other brand, I'm sure others would disagree though haha :)

Toro is another brand I use for snowblowers and mowers. Heck... I have your mower in a Lawn-Boy equivalent for mowing lawns that 32" walk-behind doesn't fit into. Great little thing for all the work I throw at it but it's starting to puff up some blue smoke so maybe a replacement soon...

Best of luck this season.

4. HLH

HLH LawnSite Member

you have got one heck of a blower there!!!!!!!!! Some one liked mine so much they stole two of them form me =)

5. Townhouse Yards

from VA

It's not a bad start, IMO. I plan on adding a stihl trimmer later, i just don't have the need right now. The hedge trimmer is good little trimmer. Light and it doesn't make a ton of noise.

Good luck this season as well.

6. Townhouse Yards

from VA

Thanks! I am in love with my Stihl equipment, and how great the dealer support is for them. I love my little Toro, it handles everything I throw at it. It will be getting a lot more use this coming year. Best of luck to you as well!

7. Townhouse Yards

from VA

Thanks, and sorry that happened to you. I hope you can get them back, or get some replacements!

8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I want that gas can! lol

9. JgLawn

JgLawn LawnSite Member

Real nice stuff to start with good luck this season!

10. Townhouse Yards

from VA

Lol. Thanks!
    Thanks man, i appreciate it! Good luck to you as well.