J.M Landscaping 2014

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Townhouse Yards, Apr 15, 2014.

1. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

People that have those old cans dont know how good they have it!

2. Townhouse Yards

Townhouse Yards LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Thanks man, I really appreciate the encouragment. The little Toro has never let me down, amd I love it. I plan to stick with the business, and I hope to one day have a successful, all service company. Good luck this season!

3. Townhouse Yards

from VA

Oh yeah, all you can buy are the no-spill gas cans right? I had to buy one as a mix can. I never knew how lucky I was to have this older can.

4. Townhouse Yards

from VA

Ok, I am going to try and post some before and afters of a small planting job I just finished up, as well as good picture of my new to me truck. I planted the arbor vitae and knockout roses last year, clients want to slowly add stuff to the bed. Hostas were there orginally.

Here are the before pictures:

007 - Copy.jpg

008 - Copy.jpg

010 - Copy.jpg

5. Townhouse Yards

from VA

Here are the after pictures:

020.jpg

021.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

6. Townhouse Yards

from VA

Lastly, a good picture of my new to me truck.

027.jpg

7. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

Good for you, enjoy yourself!

8. jakes mowing

jakes mowing LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the truck! But I do have to say, the mulch needs a lot of work....a true edge isn't just taking a spade and making a straight line or edge line around the bed...you actually have to dig it out so it holds the mulch. Also, it needs to go on thicker. On that bush tear out where you put mulch down you needed at least three inches because there was no mulch originally. Make sure you pull the weeds and take the mulch all the way to the edges of beds and keep it the same depth throughout. Also dont mix mulch with rock.

lennob likes this.
  9. Townhouse Yards

from VA

Thank you sir!
    Thanks man! She's got some performance mods on her I didn't know about till later, but its cool.

As to the mulch, yeah I admit, after reviewing the pictures, it does look crappy. For edging beds, do you use a spade or a bed re-definer? As for the rest of the job, I am going to make it a point to go back and fix it. The weeds you see are actually stumps where the plants are trying to come back. I need to dig those up or grind them. Any suggestons for that? Thanks for the criticism, I needed that.

10. Townhouse Yards

from VA

Big day for me today. Doing a mulch job, but it's also a special day. Today is my 18th birthday! I am an adult now. It doesn't feel like it, but maybe that's because I am a year older than most people I know.
    Posted via Mobile Device