J-Thomas Headache !!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by griffin16, Apr 10, 2003.

1. griffin16

griffin16 LawnSite Member

I ordered some supplies from J-Thomas to start the season and got ******. First I was short shipped air filters, It took TWO phone calls to get them. Next I was replacing the brake bands and hubs on my w/b and found out that I was sent the wrong parts. (I checked the number about four times, not my screw up.)

Is there a good supplier anywhere ???

I also got the wrong blades from Landscaper supply before.

Who do you use ???
  2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

J-Thomas:) , never had a problem with them.
  3. Outback Designz

Outback Designz LawnSite Member

I had problems when I ordered from J-Thomas. I called to get worked out and the owner answered my call, he was more than happy to fix and or replace whatever needed to be done. I usually order through stens though. There #1-800-221-9667. Give them a try maybe you will have better luck. Goodluck.
  4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I've dealt with J. Thomas for a number of years. I have been sent parts that did not fit my application, but never have I had a problem with them correcting an error. Stuff happens. It only pisses me off when a company refuses to make it right. That said, I've had more problem getting incorrect parts from local dealers than all mail order combined.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

In 9 years, we have never used anyone besides our dealer. Supply internet warehouses have their place...but not in my business. I want and pay for results...not excuses.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Me too. Never a problem. Get follow up calls after my orders arrive to make sure everything is OK. Even got a garden tool set this past fall as a token of their gratitude for my business with them. I'm surprised. As for Landscapers Supply, I fired them years ago.
  7. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

Guys you realize that you are cutting your local dealers throats by doing catalog orders. Trust me they cannont survive on unit/mower sales alone. Think about it, if they are unable to sell parts some will struggle financially, and this could hinder them being able to provide quality service you expect from them. Just my personal thoughts.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe in supporting local dealers also, but not when they sell a belt for $40 when I can get it at J Thomas for $18. Do the math.
  9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

well the dealer got 7000.00 from me, and I don't buy 100% from online, but I am a business man.:) But I agree why buy a 12.00 hyd filter when I can get it for 5.00 or so with free shipping.
  10. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I also have had good luck with J-Thomas...... as far as using them vs. my local dealer...... I needed a deck drive belt last year for my Lazer.....quoted $95.00 by 2 eXmark dealers...... one was the one I had purchased my machine from 2 months earlier...... same belt was $50 from J-Thomas, and when it arrived, only 2 days later, it was an eXmark OEM belt !

I like to support my dealer also, but as others said DO THE MATH!