J-Thomas Highlift mulching blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Jun 29, 2004.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Can anyone tell me if the high lift mulching blades out of J-Thomas are basically the same thing as Raptors or Excaliburs or Eliminators??? Just wondering if they're the "wavey" style of blade or not?

Thanks.

2. Samwise

Samwise LawnSite Member

Not sure what the blades you mentioned are like, but I just ordered a set of the high lift mulching blades for my mowers and they are not the wavy kind. They are like the regular mulching blades with a slightly longer sail.

Haven't tried them out yet so I can't give any input in that area, but they weren't much more than the regular mulching blades so I figured I'd give them a try.

3. LwnmwrMan22

Thanks.... looking for the wavey kind and wondering if I can get them from J-Thomas...

4. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

mowtownusa.com has them under 10.00 usually . Blades were here in 4 days.I got them for my 61 scag tiger cub. Work pretty nice used today and they shredded very nice. I was cutting 2-3.5 off the top.I have been using high lifts and were leaving very large clippings. They work for me, in-fact I was getting a order ready as we speak.:cool: For my scag part#15-6299

5. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

The Hi-Lift mulching blades I ordered from J-Thomas a few years ago were similar to gator blades.

I do have the "wavey" mulch blades that came with the micro mulch kit for my Lazer and Turf Tracer HP. You may want to check with your dealer to see if they carry the blades you are looking for that usually come with a mulching kit.

6. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't answer your question, but I can say the RAPTOS are the best blade I've ever used for mulching and side discharging, better than Toro Atomics with are similar to Gators, and Toro's Recycle blades which are a flat blade.

Raptors are now my primary alrounder.

Raptor and Exmark wavey are similar in design, Raptor has the Gator style sail, while Exmark is a solid lift, the wavey shape is very similar but not exactly the same.

I haven't used the Exmarks because they are too wide for the toro blade saddles.

7. LwnmwrMan22

Yeah, I know the "raptors" are called "eliminators" from Ferris, but I just bought a new Kubota ZD28 today and am looking for a cheaper source for the blades than the dealer. :)

8. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Been ordering from J-Thomas for years, and haven't been let down yet. They beat Landscapers Supply and Mow More hands down.