J thomas. mixed feelings

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DoubleCutter, Oct 6, 2003.

1. DoubleCutter

DoubleCutter LawnSite Member

Im a bit unsure of my first dealing with J thomas. I blew up a wheel motor by clobbering a well top. So long story short one dealer wants 800 for motor and hub, other wants 750. J tjomas wants 570.

My first question was obvious, is it an identical part( no oem copy bs) no its original they said. I had part overnighted 99 bucks. Original wheel motor is a Ross HB series Torque Motor. The one J thomas sent was a Parker unit, but Identical. I was really impressed by getting the part when they said I would, And was really impressed with pricing too, But was totally pissed with it not being an identical Ross motor. I dont know if Parker remans these pumps or what, But to me identical means identical.

Are all J thomas replacement parts not Scag original? Im planning on doing alot of stuff to my mower and plan on ordering my parts through them, but if its not Scag Original, Im not too keen. Am I too anal, or are their parts fine?
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The wheel motors in question are usually refered to as Parker-Ross wheel motors. They are one and the same.
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I got 2 clutches from them and have found them to be honest. Quick shipping and parts are available. I usually like to stay with my dealer for parts but if I need an oddball that they don't stock then I needed it yesterday. I will go to outside vendors.

bottom line for me is J-Thomas has been good.
  4. DoubleCutter

DoubleCutter LawnSite Member

Ok thats clears it up, I was very impressed with them shipping the part out, I got it in 24 hrs. I thought it would be odd to see a different name on the motor, But no showing of it being remanufactured. Just needed to clear it up before I made an opinion without knowing the whole deal, Thanks
  5. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Every thing has worked for me.

However, their Bunton spindel's and pullies are not right.