J-Thomas mower blade test.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DennisF, May 14, 2004.

1. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

A few days ago I started a post asking about blades from J-Thomas and if anyone liked them. Well, after trying 2 sets of blades over the past 2 days I can say that they are very good performers. The first set cut 14 lawns (all St. Augustine) and I changed them out. The second set I used today on 17 lawns and pulled those off to sharpen. I just finished sharpening both sets and they are ready for use again. I bought a total of 18 blades (6 sets) for $6.25 per blade and as far as I'm concerned they are a bargain. The only thing that I'm concerned about is where are they made? I suspect that they came from China or some other foreign country. I can't find a stamp on any of them that indicates where they are made. If they are made in the Good 'Ol U.S.A. then they are a real bargain. I try to buy American made if I can, but either way these blades are as good or better than OEM as far as I'm concerned. Go get'em people...you can't beat those prices.
  2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Yep.........been saying that for years. I buy the .240
  3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Me too, I would rather pay 9.10 for them from j-thomas, then 20.00 elsewhere