J Thomas mower blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DennisF, May 8, 2004.

1. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I just ordered 6 sets of blades for my Hustler from J Thomas. I was wondering if anyone has tried their blades on their mowing equipment and if they are as durable as OEM blades. They are about half the price of dealer supplied OEM blades. I try to support my dealer when ever I can, but a 50% savings on blades can't be ignored. Any comments about quality or durability of J Thomas' blades.

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

ALOT better than what my dealer sales, and aot cheaper, too.
    I buy the .240 hi-lift @ 6.90 (that price at 9+....I order 9 at a time)

3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

What was the part number that you ordered?

4. metro-hp_48

from TN

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've been getting my blades from J-Thomas for 4 years now. Almost cheap enough it's not even worth sharpening the blade, just chuck it and put a new one on. :)

6. metro-hp_48

from TN

That's true. Have seen sharpening prices over 7.00.

7. southarkansascutter

southarkansascutter LawnSite Member

i hope that they are good..I just ordered a set for my chopper....my dealer hit me for almost 50 bucks for the LAST set he sold me.

8. metro-hp_48

from TN

Man, what kills me is the quality that my dealer sells. Same oil filter I can get for 2.99 and sells them for 7.50. Wouldn't really think anything too bad about it, if it was a OEM Kaw. part.

Never got treated good enough, to support my local dealer.

9. southarkansascutter

southarkansascutter LawnSite Member

i have a pretty good dealer (dixie chopper) the only thing that i have caught him selling me high was blades.... I don't mind having to pay a little more for filters and other stuff (he has to make money too) but i am on too tight of a budget to spend 50 bucks every time i need blades.... This dealer taked care of his lco's in and out fast....