J-thomas online???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Rose, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone else ever order from them through their website??? Man, what a joke! The on line catalog isn't user friendly at all and the search function didn't do anything... When the order is placed they don't even send you a confirmation email or anything. I actually used it just because I had about a dozen items to order and I thought it would be easier than over the phone. I called them after I placed the order to see if I could get some sort of confirmation that my order was even received.

Seems like on line ordering is the way everyone is going now, I'm surprised that a company as big as J-Thomas they wouldn't have a better site. Of all the sites Iv'e ordered from, large and small, they were the worst!

2. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

I have had great success with RCPW out of Ohio. They same to have almost everything in stock at very good pricing....

www.rcpw.com

3. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I dont have much of a problem with the site. I dont buy much from them, but I think their site fairly useful.

4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

the prices at JT are ok, but the site intself is horrible, atleast by todays standards. maybe 5 years ago, that would be a nice online store.

search feature :rolleyes:
    the site is basically a table of contents. not much for info on the itmes.

i like a site where you can clck on it, and get a better photo and actually information.

if you know EXACTLY what you need, then you should have no problem. but yes, a better site layout and function would be more $$ drawing.

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i agreer rcpw is great. so far everything i have ever ordered has been in stock! their shipping price is a little high though.

6. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried to order something online from them after reading about how good they were on this board. No confirmation of my order. Two weeks went by, no parts. I called them and they didn't get my order. They offered to take my order on the phone, but I declined.

I've been pleased with mowmore.com

7. cborden

cborden LawnSite Member
    from 46140

I always use the 1-800 number, that way you get a confirmation and the name of who took the order, never had any problem.

8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

after reading this thread, i quickly priced an item on their. it was higher then anywhere else, and like you said, the shipping was higher then elsewhere. guess it depends on what you're buying.

but the site layout is better then JT.

since we're into online shopping:
    anyone have a source for replacement LAwnboy bags? LB brand or cheap aftermarket, i don't care. JT has them for $19, which is good. just have heard bad things from ordering there.

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like most have had similiar experiences... I too placed my order today and called they 1-800 number afterwords. the guy on the phone asked for my name and said they would call me when they receive the order. So far I have not received a call. Online ordering should be instantaneous to their server just like an email (of within a few minutes). The guy I talked too didn't really sound much like a phone operator, more like a guy standing at a parts desk. I was hoping for an immediate answer, as simple as punching my name into the computer or looking at recent ordered received, evidently it's not that streamlined for them, lol.

I have never bought from J-Thomas before, normally use landscaper pro for orders, but they didn't have everything I was looking for and I ws never impressed with their quality of air filters, so I thought I'd give someone else a shot.

10. echovalley

echovalley LawnSite Member
    from CT

Had lousy experience with them sent me the wrong parts but still charged me for shipping,10 weeks before they credited my CC.I spoke with the managment and they were no help.I will NEVER ORDER FROM THEM