1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

J Thomas Shipping

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by maintenanceguy, Apr 2, 2008.

1. maintenanceguy

maintenanceguy LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Just got my first J-Thomas order today. It was for 6 bearings and 6 seals. The seals were back ordered so I got 6 bearings.

I chose the $10.00 flat rate shipping option. My invoice says "shipped via: 10.00 flat fee"

The freight at the bottom of the invoice is $16.94. Huh?

I just tried to call them and after I heard the "someone will be with you soon" message 8 or 9 times, I hung up.

I've never done business with them before. Is this just a fluke? Anybody else have this happen?

PARTPRO LawnSite Member

Am sure its a fluke call them again tommorrow
  3. Nick's Lawn Care

Nick's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Ive been useing J-thomas for years and there shiping used to be good, it used to be next day for a $7 or $8 fee but now they want $10 for up to a week, $20 for 2nd day and $30 for next day, and i think it is WAY Cheaper in some cases to just run up to the dealer....
  4. maintenanceguy

maintenanceguy LawnSite Member
    from NJ

When I couldn't get through on the phone, I emailed their customer service email on their website.

Just checked email. Their email bounced. I clicked the email link so I know there weren't any misspellings. I guess I'll try phone again tomorrow. Even if it was a fluke, it's already become a PITA.
  5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

j-thomas has been sold to a new owner and i have heard a lot of people saying bad things about them now.
  6. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

Stens bought them.