J-Thomas Sux

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jblawns123, Dec 14, 2005.

1. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

I am going through a bad experience with them. Ordered plow stakes, garbage..... like straws. Fine, they were cheap so you get what you pay for. I can't use them... I sent them back and they said 2 weeks they would credit me. 5 weeks now, called over 6 times, numerous different excuses.... I hate them. Still have no refund.

They lost a customer, and I hope if you have a choice you go elsewhere too.

I am so fricken mad, it's only $80!!! Good lord, just give me my money.

Its the principal, I have been lied to 3 times.:realmad:
  2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I went through a similar situation over a set of mower blades they sent. They were different than they were marked. I scheduled a pickup (that I paid for) They never credited my account back, and never sent a replacement set , so I lost the original cost of the blades + shipping + shipping back. It left a bad taste in my mouth. I have since ordered a few things from them without any issues.
  3. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like they're trying to hold onto your money for as long as possible so they can bank of your moneys intrest. payup
  4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Wow that really does suck. I always write a letter to the company if I have an unsolved problem. It takes longer but it usually gets things done.
  5. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i love j. thomas on the otherhand. we spend about 10+ grand a year through them and haven't had any problems...
  6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

That's the one down side to non-OEM euipment, sometimes it is okay and sometimes it isn't. I guess thats the trade off for the reduction in price over OEM.
  7. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

That's unfortunate, I would be upset too. I'm surprised though, I have ordered numerous things from them over the years without a problem.

The only time something got messed up was when I placed an online order and didn't think it went through. It didn't give me the normal confirmation, so I tried the order again. I got a box of stick edger blades and another box the next day. Oh well, they will all get used. If it was a high dollar order I would have called.
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Man, sorry to hear that, buy i know of others that use J-Thomas that have been only happy with them, this is the first negative case, i havn't used them yet buy will keep it in mind in the future.
  9. BobcatZT

BobcatZT LawnSite Member

We do quite a lot of business with J-Thomas. Hardly any problems at all, but when we do return stuff we always get credited back right away.
  10. chopsticks33

chopsticks33 LawnSite Member

Uh...what/who exactly is J-Thomas?