1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

J.Z.Smith Landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by J.Z.Smith Landscaping, Mar 1, 2011.

1. J.Z.Smith Landscaping

J.Z.Smith Landscaping LawnSite Member

Surprisingly no. Its got a light foot print. + We put down sheets of plywood. Seems to work well.

2. Dirtwerks

Dirtwerks LawnSite Member
    from IN

Man you've got all the toys that I'd like to get (landplane). How do like the landplane attachment, I've been looking for one, right now I just use an Loegering eliminater rake on my skidsteer. Do you use the landplane for preparing yards for seeding and sodding or do use something else. I'd like to have a harley rake but their a little pricey and don't think I'd use it enough to jusify one.

3. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

I hear you about the older crowd becoming jealous of you.

I'm nothing like you, but I've experienced a little of that myself. Older, former neighbor of ours (nice guy, but trashy) with kind of a rinky dink lawn company has seen me coming up with legit equipment, truck, trailer, and clients. Not to mention my work is ffaaarrrr superior. (On a leaf job of his I saw he just mulched up the leaves in the lawn, didn't blow the concrete at all. Then he blew all the remaining leaves into the street and far down the street LOL) BUT ANYWAY, point being I have experienced some weird vibes from him and random other companys with older guys I pull up on. It's just kind of sad but in a weird way.

Anyway, keep it up. If you really want to be successful in 2011 trade in those damn fords for the real deal, Chevrolet :)

4. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey nice skid, and lettering

5. J.Z.Smith Landscaping

I hope we're not like that some day. I'm going to do my best to try not to.
    I've toyed with buying a GMC for a pick up truck but ehhh I don't know.

6. pjlandscapes

pjlandscapes LawnSite Member
    from CT

everything looks good. i like the lettering it looks good on that truck. My mom has a house up in the cape, were in west falmouth.

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice clean office LoL Say how like your JD skid loader we thinking changing brands Are local dealer started to handle Skid loaders

8. J.Z.Smith Landscaping

So far so good. I haven't done a lawn yet but I have done 2 dirt roads and a horse ring. I just picked it up like last Thursday so I haven't had that may opportunity's to use it. I'v used the eliminator its not bad. My John Deere dealer treats me right so I went and ordered the landplane. Plus I think the eliminator is a little over priced for what you get. The landplane has a hydraulic ripper, 3 cutting edges and screen. A harley rake would be great but yeah its tough to swing 10 Gs for an attachment.

9. J.Z.Smith Landscaping

what do you have now?

10. J.Z.Smith Landscaping

Thanks! Falmouth is like another world to me haha. I think I find my self there like once a year maybe haha. Its a nice place though