jack for washing deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by awm, Sep 8, 2001.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

im playing w the idea of something quick an easy that i can use to jack up the front of the deck so i can access better at car washes. im talking something i can use with it still on the trailor.
    little floor jack will work but im looking for a quicker way.
    any ideas appreciated.

2. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I've thought about this same thing.

Maybe a trailer tongue jack, but a lot of winding, and it would have to be mounted.

Maybe a "selson jack" - (looks like 2 small inner tubes on top of each other, quick but must have an air source.

I like the looks of the Jungle Jim type of jack - it uses leverage. It could be home made for probably under fifty bucks. :cool:

3. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guy's

Laugh if you like, but I use a 5 gallon bucket and put it under my Walker deck which put's the deck about 15" up off the trailer floor and wash away. It works fine for me and no out of pocket money for an expensive jack. I also use the 5 gallon bucket to hold the deck up when I do a blade change. Hey it works.

Mowman

4. Nick

Nick Banned

A jungle jack would work on and off the trailer

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

yeh. i havent seen anyone using the jungle jack, but it looks like it would suit your needs.

6. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer has the Jungle jacks in stock and they work pretty slick. They would work on the trailer also if you had 4 or 5 feet in front to get them raised up. I at the moment just can't get myself to spend $175 for one.

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

mines a midmount so that would make it a little hard to get it on. but i never laugh at ideas . less money spent the better,long as it gets the job done. guess ill try my little floor jack. noy really what i had in mind . ill look at the jungle jim.

8. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

The jungle jack would be your best investment. I purchased one from the expo this year and love it. I could kick myself for not getting one sooner. It is so fast and easy to use. I bring it with me on the job, in case I need to make a quick blade change. It is well worth the price.;)

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Mowman,
    Why do you have to hold the deck up with a bucket? My walker has a little latch centered ahead of the steering levers. When you tilt the deck up, a small metal loop on the deck fits right into the latch and holds the deck up at about 90 degrees. makes it real easy to clean or change blades.:)

10. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a wb, I just use a jack stand a little muscle and it works for me.