1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

jack for ztr,not a blower post

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by s and s mowing, Nov 6, 2004.

1. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

im looking at buying the jack in the landscapers supply catalog for ztr,very similar to the jungle jack.im gonna use this jack in the shop for service and repairs,is this the way to go or does anybody know anything better.floor jack just as good???????.

also i have a redmax 7001.
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

concrete block. Works great!
  3. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I always use my engine hoist. Very simple!
  4. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

If you already have the floor jack, why not use it? Save money. Use the concrete block or a jack stand for extra support and safety.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

No Try a jungle jack or something as good picking up a heavy ztr is a accident going to happen it is very dangerous.what part of ky are you from you might find a dealer local.
  6. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

If you already have a floor jack and jack stands...save your money. For changing blades nothing is faster than the trailer ramp/gate.
  7. affordableyardcare

affordableyardcare LawnSite Member

I use a hi-lift jack and jack stands, you can lift it as high as you want as long as you have a jack stand to secure it.
  8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You can use the jungle jack in the field, very easy to carrie.
  9. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Jungle Jack is extremely easy and fast to use. I have done many other things and this one seems one of the fastest. The other fast way is to mount a hand crank on the wall with a cable through some pulleys from the ceiling or cross memebers. Hook the cable around the front caster back onto itself and hoist away. EIther way you choose i would also mount a chain from some other point to hook to the mower as a safety chain so it cant drop on you. This would definately be a worry for you if you let employees change the blades. JMO
  10. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i use a beam in the rafters of the shop with a come along. works great.