1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Jacking Concrete

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by dchauling, Mar 27, 2007.

1. dchauling

dchauling LawnSite Member

Just recieved my first call of the season up here in Canada. We still have 1 ft of the white stuff in places.

What do most of you charge per sq ft for jacking and hauling concrete. I have a 385sq ft pad that has to be removed. The home owner said they could rent a Brute Breaker from HD and haul it with their inlaws truck. I laughed inside. Possible, but 3 days of work for them depending on rebar (I don't think they know about rebar)

I subbed it out last year at $6 sq ft. At that rate it is $2300. Sounds steep though for a 5" pad that was poured 2 years ago.

Can you give me some insite please.
  2. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

I would put that together on a time formula not sq. ft. as you don't know how its gonna break up and whats in it. I would get $65.00 per man hour plus rental of hammer and compressor and hauling fee which I would call hauling and disposal although our landfill takes clean fill at no cost to me, this way my time is covered and I would probably be in and out in 1 maybe 2 days.
  3. dchauling

I am going to use my dingo and rent the hammer for it.

Fill is free to dispose of.

Do I still go by an hour price? Or falt rate it at $800
  4. waltero

waltero LawnSite Member

I am not sure about up North, but it is my understanding that concrete with rebar cannot be used as fill. Maybe someone else can add to this.

5. cespservce

cespservce LawnSite Member

One suggestion on the concrete pad is rent a 7500lb mini ex with a thumb
    and you can sit on top of it and pry it apart, the when the pieces get smaller
    just lift and drop ond it will break up into small pieces. Alot less rubble to clean up and about 4 hours of work.
    We run our own mini and do it that way all the time and found it to be the quickest and easyiest way.
  6. bishoplandscape

bishoplandscape LawnSite Member

If it was in my area i would come tear out and haul of 700 and would do it for around 500 for non-rebar.
  7. bishoplandscape

bishoplandscape LawnSite Member

WOW Sorry about the spelling guys I guess its too early in the morning. what I was saying was haul off for 700 and so on.
  8. dchauling

Thanks Bishop That is what I told them yesterday. I have a 525 Dingo so it will make life easier.