Jacking up a Lazer Z

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by robertbick, Aug 2, 2004.

1. robertbick

robertbick LawnSite Member

I have a simple question... to clean under the deck, where should I jack up the Lazer Z from, the front of the deck or one of the front wheel arms? I would think that jacking it from the deck would push the top of the deck into the bottom of the frame and might damage something.

2. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Ive been using a floor jack between the two frount rollers for four years now and have had no damage at all but a word of advice is to keep the park brake adjusted proper because when up on the floor jack if the brake is not set tight the mower could roll back and fall of the jack.....

3. lahanko

lahanko LawnSite Member
    from NY

Will the TORO® Z-Master Z-Stand for Z-100 Series mount to the Lazer Z?
    This is a very nice addition to a Z mower, very helpful and worth the investment. IMO

4. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

I run the right front wheel onto my trailer ramp. It is stable and allows me to change blades and clen the deck.

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Robertbick,

In addition to the items listed above I've seen the "jungle jack" used, a single car ramp, chain hoist etc. I do however recommend blocking the tires and using jack stands when ever you have any piece of equipment lifted.

Thanks

Terry

6. robertbick

But can I put the jack or jack stands under the front edge of the deck?

7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

it's best to support the machine by the arms for the casters rather than the deck.

8. robertbick

Thanks Mike. That's what I figured. I guess I should get a hi-lift jack sometime.

9. korelandscaping

korelandscaping LawnSite Member
    from ct

Edge of the trailer gate w/ chalk block is the best I found.

10. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

i'd put my gate down on my trailer and use it to change my blades and wash underneath ..