jacks for servicing mowers?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bone1, Jun 29, 2008.

1. bone1

bone1 LawnSite Member
    from ga

do any of you guys use the jungle jims or green touch jacks to service your ztr's and wb's? if not what do you use, just a regular jack? was wanting to order one, but thought about just using a car jack. any thoughts on this? thanks fgor the info!

2. Just A Floor Jack.

3. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Just put two wheels on the side of your trailer ramp while the other two are off this should give you plenty of room. Also walk behinds can be flipped on their sides. Now you saved 50 bucks.

4. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

I use a Jungle Jack and it works great. I use it on my Z and my walk behind. I purchased it the week I purchased my equipment and have not used anything else. I read on here where some use the gate on the trailer and I tried that just to see how it would work. It does work but you have to move it to the other side once you do one side. It takes more time but it works. I find my jack to be the better option.

One thing I will say is with my Dewalt impact gun I have just enough room to get it off the bolts when they are almost completely out. I don't know if other jacks raise it up higher but you might want to check out the lifting height of each one and get the one that lifts the highest. Also a impact gun is a must have tool.

Dave..

5. JNyz

Hey Dave,

I just picked up a new in box Dewalt impact gun. Will the gun take off the blade bolts or do you have to break them with a wrench first? And when you put them back on do you just tighten them with the impact? or impact, then wrench.

6. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Just not the carb side, they tend to fill with crankcase oil.

7. JNyz

You are correct.

8. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

Yes it will take them off easily. I put them on with it too. You just have to use a little common sense. Its almost a feel kind of thing. You don't want to over do it and brake the bolt off. You will know when its tight enough. You can use the impact gun on your truck tires too if you get a flat. It will zip them right off. The Dewalt has awesome power.

Dave...

9. JNyz

I didn't know it could break the bolt. Thanks for the help.

10. bone1

bone1 LawnSite Member
    from ga

hey thanks for that info! i was looking at the green touch also, it looks like it lifts it high enough. just alot more expensive!