Jacks / wackjack or jugle jack?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by countryscaper, Aug 4, 2007.

1. countryscaper

countryscaper LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Which do most of you guys use?...to sharpen blades or clean under the decks..?..Do you guys like the normal Hi lift Jack?...does it lift an Exmark hp Z turn?....or is the wack jack / jungle jack the way to go?..Just wondering...Let's all hope we get some RAIN soon...WE need it here in Pa...BAD!

2. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

The quickest way to get my tank up is with one of those 48" farm jacks. It is easier than a hydraulic jack or a chain hoist -- I have both of these too.

I can jack mine up 18 or 20 inches and slide a pair of jacks under the front forks in no time at all. That big jack is actually easier to crank up than my hydraulic.

Nosmo

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Just go up on trailer ramp to change blades and if you don't use a trailer just use a 2xb 4 ft long board and a block of wood to make ramp. To get under the unit just jack it up and use blocks under the tires until you get it high enough to change hydro belt for example. Don't need anything fancy.

4. Prand

Prand LawnSite Member

I use an atv lift from Harbor Freight ,goes up about 16 inches works great for my z master .cost was $59

5. cntrline

cntrline LawnSite Member

Jungle Jack, direct, can get from their scratch and dent dept, cheap, quick, secure.

6. packer101

packer101 LawnSite Member

we have a jungle jack in our trailer works when we need it.

7. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

I have a chain hoist in the garage. But out on the job, I carry a low profile floor jack. My hobby is Corvettes and everyone know's how low those things are... Got it at auto zone.

8. countryscaper

countryscaper LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Ok..Thanks..so you do like it...is the lip of the jack wide enough and long enough to fit under the carriage of the mower then?...was kinda curious..where did you get it at?..price..I'm looking around...thanks again...Dale

9. cybervision

cybervision LawnSite Senior Member

10. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i have used both and love the jungle jack.

Dont get the Ballard one as they are harder to lift, tires goe flat when you dou, and get stuck in the baffles underneath alot and are sometines hard to get under the decks of riders.