Jacksonville, FL Question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Weekend Warrior, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior LawnSite Member

Just starting out in Jacksonville and was looking for some recommendations on :

1. Where to get a magnetic sign for Trailer
    2. Insurance/Liscense Information
    3. Business Cards/Uniforms/Signs etc.

I know some people recommend TurfPac, but I was looking for other suggestions.

Oh, and if anyone has any good business name recommendations.

2. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

For business and truck insurance you may want to ck out Auto-Owners insurance company.

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I think vistaprint.com has some of the best deals on buisness cards

4. Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info, I'll check into it.

5. mommacutz

mommacutz LawnSite Member

We use Grey and Grey for insurance on Normandy Blvd. www.vistaprint.com has your best deal on business cards. We use a print guy who works out of his home for our magnetic signs and t-shirts. But you can try sign-o-rama on Blanding Blvd O.P. What area are you servicing? Welcome aboard!

6. Weekend Warrior

I'm servicing between 9A and the beaches. Just starting out in this area, used to be in Dallas. How is the market in Jax? I'm sure its not that bad with the amount of houses around here. Is it legal to post signs around town at the major intersections? If so, where would you recommend getting some made? I always see for sale signs but never lawn care signs.

Thanks for your input.

7. mommacutz

mommacutz LawnSite Member

I don't know about the signs never tried them. And to answer your question yes the market is saturated with lco's but don't undercut yourself.