1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Jacobsen 5111

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tomprevette, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Tomprevette

Tomprevette LawnSite Member

Anyone with information using the Jacobsen 5111?
    Pro's - Con's what is the smallest and largest property that you operate the machine on?
  2. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

would this be this be for home or comm? This machine is for large areas(schools,gov,city ball fields etc,golf courses).It stripes very little.If comm. you need a bigger setup to transport this monster.The deck spans 11 ft if I remember right.This machine makes you feel all the bumps.
  3. Tomprevette

Tomprevette LawnSite Member

It would be transported on a Chevy W4 w/dovetail or on a 20' open trailer, it's use is projected for Commercial and residential properties over three acres. So you didn't have success w/stripes? I hope it doesn't buck you around like the Kubota and other outfront cutters. What was the smallest area you used the unit to cut? Thanks for your reply.
  4. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn LawnSite Member

MY buddy has one and loves it and saves him so much time. fivestarlawnken i dunno what your expereince with is but there not bumpy i mean id rather sit on that thing all day then the lazer much more smother ride and your not nearly as tired after a day of cutting then on another mower like a z or groundsmaster. I would suggest wide open areas for the machine, we use it mostly on town home complexes and a few big commercial business and a mansion so it works out great. They are sweet machines but very expensive.