Jacobsen Blitzer gang mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottbehrmann, Apr 21, 2004.

1. scottbehrmann

scottbehrmann LawnSite Member
    from pa

Hi all

I am new to this site and hope to find some needed info.

I am running a 3 gang setup and in search of repair/operator manuals to diagnose problems, make repairs and adjustments.

These units appear to be older than I am but seem to operate fine.
    The serial numbers are in the 29,000 range and have been fitted with rollers similar to the Fairway models.

I would like to keep them running but can not find any maintenance documentation.
    Wheel bearings are loose and leak quit a bit. One wheel is falling apart.

I would also like to find a source for good used parts or serviceable complete units.

Thanks……………Scott

2. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

I have a 5 gang unit that we use to use in our rough now only have it in case our fairway unit breaks down, we can keep the grass from getting to tall. I have never been able to find any used parts but R & R sells some good quality parts at a reasonable price. If you would like there number to get a catolog let me know. And I might have a book on mine and I could photo copy some pages for you if I have one, I'll have to look.

3. scottbehrmann

scottbehrmann LawnSite Member
    from pa

Arnold

I have a R & R catolog. Let me know if you can find your manual on your fairway units, it would help me out greatly.

I would also like to find two more used units with left and right E fames to see if my JD 870 4wd can handle a 5 gang.

.......Scott

4. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

Looked in the shop and can't find a manual for the Blitzer. I probable didn't get one when I bought it used. Picked mine up for 1000$ with 3 new reels and all new bed knifes, sharpened and reconditioned. I would make some calls around to some of the courses in your area and see if any of them have an old one there not using and see if they want to sell. Hope this helps.