1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Jacobsen hr-5111

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greeninga, Jul 13, 2006.

1. greeninga

greeninga LawnSite Member
    from GA

Just a question, I am buying one of these bad boys next week, my biggest mower now is a 72inch hustler, how much more productive will I be than my hustler now, for those of you who run this mower. Thanks

M g
  2. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

You can cut 10.75 acres per hour with the hr-5111 at 8 mph w/ 11' cut. What is your hustler?(super z, reg z, 4600)

How much does a hr-5111 go for $$$?? I've seen the AR-5 in action and it is an amazing machine, how much more would an AR-5 be? Either way you'd be getting something special.
  3. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I run one at a golf course, I cut cut 13 holes a day with it, so its probably somthing in the area of 50-60 acres a day. But there is alot of turning and such, if your mowing any type of field or high Acreage then I would think around 70 for every 8 hours.
  4. greeninga

from GA

I have a super z 27hp. Thanks for the info.
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Don't ya want one of these???

55 gal hydraulic oil capacity!
    16' cut

Right up there with the 580 Toro's
  6. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I bought one new in 05 and its a cutting machine, very dependable and very low maintenace. the best deal is it can do the work of at least one or two more employess on mowers and it doesn't whine all day...
  7. greeninga

from GA

No a little too much $$$$$$$ than I wanna pay. One day!!! what do those run used??? Thanks

m g
  8. greeninga

from GA

The hr-9016 turbos
  9. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

Do they come with aircon?? I had an old HR15 years ago with flails that cut like nobody's business. If it had an aircon I would have kept it.