1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

jacobsen turfcat w/kubota D600-PTO issues

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by o3enterprises, Jul 30, 2006.

1. o3enterprises

o3enterprises LawnSite Member

Hey guys...long time watcher, first time poster here...You've all got a plethora of knowledge here.

What a great site!

I just picked up a Jacobsen TurfCat II (model C417D) with a Kubota D600 3 cyl diesel. It has an electric clutch/PTO.

It runs excellent, but every time I pull the PTO switch &/or put it into high or low gear with the pedal in neutral, it immediately dies without even trying to engage. It has a time delay relay in the engine bay that is ultimately a basic 4 post solenoid. It was burned out so I replaced it with a basic solenoid which seems to work just fine. However, I still have the problem with the PTO. I did however, once high idle it while pressing the pedal forward and engaging the high gear switch and it managed to jump foward, but not much before it killed itself again.

The PTO shaft does turn freely by hand. I also thought there may be an issue with the seat switch, so I disconnected it and created a circuit within itself by connecting both ends together. Still nothing.

Now I am not familiar with these units at all, so i hope I am overlooking something simple. I hope someone may have some insight on this issue.
  2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

I didn't find your model number but I didn't look closely and there may be other model and serial numbers that may apply. I had some work to do on a Ransomes 728D and found information here: http://www.ransomesjacobsen.com/specifications/specifications.htm#TurfMaintenanceEq

Ransomes, Jacobsen, Bobcat, are all now part of Textron.

Don't know if this will help you but there are technical and parts help for some models.