1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

jacobsen walk behinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ScCo, Jun 8, 2004.

1. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone use Jacobsen walk behinds?

If so, which models have you used or demo'd, and what did you like or dislike about them?

Did they cut well? Stripe well? etc.

2. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

saw them at the show in KY. they looked ok but had the briggs inteck engine on them
    my advice is to stay away those engines are junk i fix them all day
  3. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

Jacobsen walkbehinds are the SAME EXACT MACHINE as the new Bob-Cats. Different color and perhaps some different engine options, but as far as i know, the same machine. Great and tough. As good as a Bob-Cat.

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Bob-Cat, Bunton, Jacobson are all made by Textron. There are some differences between the Bunton and Bob-Cat but, not sure about the Jacobson. If it's anything like a Bob-Cat, it's a quality machine. Engines are from another manufacturer of course.
  5. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

The Jacobsen walk behind mower is almost the same as the Bob-Cat mowers. I just got a new Bob-Cat 48" belt drive, 15 hp Kawi Walk behind and I absolutely love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Bob-Cat's are built like tanks, their cut and striping are superior to all other brands.
    Either a Bob-Cat or a Jacobsen would serve you VERY well!
  6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

True BOBCATS are good machines, but their cut and strip are not better than baffled decks. I know few good shrinks that would help you with you constant dillusional statements that are based on your opinion, unfortunatly your opinion does not remotely resemble reality.
  7. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually my opinion is completely realistic, and the deck on mine is baffled.
  8. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

MKWL, You know what they say about opinions dont you? You say the same thing about bobcats, and have no clue about how other machines work and such, but you make statements berating other mowers. If you have never used and exmark or something like that dont make statements saying that your friends hate them. Let them subscribe to this and tell us themselves.